Tuesday 24 July 2012

1: Friday 20th April 2012

First post of my latest EV conversion project. Tomorrow I shall be helping my friend Darren get his Mitsubishi Pajero running. Over the last 4 weeks we have taken the engine from one Pajero and put it in another. Lets rewind a few steps and pick up from the start. My daughter has a friend who lives 10 miles away and she is the sister of one of the girls in her football team. As they are both 16, they can't drive and they are both getting lifts from parents (Darren and Myself). When I dropped of my Daughter (Sydney-Ann, aka Syd) one time I noticed 2 Mitsubishi Pajeros looking sorry for themselves on the drive way. The next Time I saw Darren on Syd's return, I asked him what he was doing with them. Initially he was not sure, but he told me at the next football match that his wife wanted to keep one, but he needed to swap the engines over as the other was for spares. I struck a deal with him that if between us we could get the engine swapped over, I would get the other car for time and labour (that's free to me!). We have spent some time now doing the swap of the engines and there is a bit more to do tomorrow and hopefully we should then have it running. I also need to get a manual gearbox as it is automatic at the moment. I looked into locking the gearbox into 2nd gear, but while it is possible, it would require a lot of work and be very difficult, and also it would cost me a lot of money so a manual gearbox will be better. I shall put some pics up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment